FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do you do?
Under DriveMyCar.ie we offer two services.
- Designated Driver Service provides a chauffeur to drive you home in the comfort of your own car with the added convenience of having your car parked outside your home safely for the night.
- NCT pick up drop off service is where we send one of our drivers to collect your car from your home or place of work. We drive it to the NCT centre for testing at a prearranged date and time made by you. Your car will be driven back to pick up point hopefully passed. This service allows more time for busy individuals who don’t simply have the time or can’t afford to take time off work.
Service Area Covered?
We cover an area of 15km from town centres for both Designated Driver Service and NCT Pick up Drop off Service.
How much does it cost?
What are the benefits of using our service?
- You get to leave your home at your convenience in your own car.
- Peace of mind knowing that you and your car will get home safely.
- Cost Efficient (one way fee home).
- No unexpected parking tickets.
- Convenience of having your car parked outside your home.
- You get to travel home in your own car (but you won’t be driving).
- No early morning taxi to collect your car.
- You get to enjoy your night hassel free.
Payments & Charges?
All payments must be made by credit/Debit card at time of booking. Please check our pricing for the current areas here.
How do I become a member of DriveMyCar.ie to avail of services?
You don’t need to be a member or pay a signup fee. Just book your appointment
Who will be driving me?
Our drivers are checked to ensure they fit the following criteria:
- Must have over 10 years driving experience.
- Full clean current Irish Driving Licence.
- Full Comprehensive Insurance with open driving.
- Courteous and friendly.
- Most of our drivers are qualified RSA approved driving instructors.
Is my car suitable?
Your car must be in a fit state of repair, road legal with a current NCT cert, Insurance and road tax.
Do I have to be a member to avail of NCT pick up/drop off service?
No you don’t have to be a member to avail of this service. You just have to complete booking form when you have a confirmed date and time of NCT test.
Why should I use Designated Driver Service when I can get a taxi?
- Easy to use
- One way fee ( instead of maybe two or three taxi fees)
- You get to drive your own car out in your own time and travel in the comfort of it going home ( but you won’t be driving)